Monday, June 11, 2012

The Legend of Mai-Coh

I let my inner wolf out!
"The Navajo word for wolf, "mai-coh," also means witch, and a person could transform if he or she donned a wolf skin."
This is Mai-Coh:
The idea of Mai-Coh started when I soaped Twilight inspired soap.  I really like Bella, so I went online searching for more related fragrance in the same series.  The aroma notes of Jacob are: Mandarin, Pepper, Cypress, Ebony wood, Leather, Amber, and Musk.  In my head, this soap screams to be wild and free spirit, like the inner wolf calling from the nature.  This soap recipe is very different from what I use to make.  It is totally new, designed just for Mai-Coh, definitely far far away from being vegetarian, how can it?!  Mai-Coh is made with high % of beef tallow and good 5% of lanolin wax.  This is the first time I used lanolin wax in soap.  Lanolin has this musky leather scent that is not pleasant to me, I was hoping it would mellow out a bit after soaping.  But it didn't, it's holding strong, just like a wolf!  However, the leathery musky scent of lanolin actually suits Mai-Coh very well.  
 Do you see a wolf face?!  I see it!


There's definitely wolf in here!

13 comments:

  1. That is one gorgeous soap! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's pretty perfect soap to me!!
    love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw the top I don't know why, but I actually had this vision of a dark soap. And then I paged down to read further and just went ..WOW.
    That inner wolf you let out has some serious beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful soap, Emily! Love all of the swirly colors. The fragrance sounds wonderful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing the cut photos!

    xo Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful soap! Love that swirl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Que cruce de colores!! toda una lobura. Impresionante.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such totally amazing soap, you did a great job! And I especially love the colors, they blend together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect wolf soap - just perfect <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job. That's a very cool soap! I wish I could smell it. It sounds great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love! So gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe a butterfly swirl all in one bar! LOL

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis