Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tiger Stripe You Wore Me Out!

Recently there's a soap style trend circulating across the whole community, the tiger stripe style.  It is done by pouring alternating color layers gazillion times on top of each other to form the striping effect like what you see on a tiger, or zebra.  It is a very time consuming process therefore the soap batter has to stay thin trace for quit some time.  Have that in mind I had to carefully select my recipe and fragrance combination, it is not easy I can tell you that.  I've only done 2 so far and this style of soap totally wore me out!  I counted, I poured at least 55 times in that Love Spell soap!  Yes you read it correctly, 55 TIMES!!!  If you don't believe me, go count it yourself, LOL.

Love Spell Soap

Coconut Lime Verbena Soap
I mean I agree soap comes out mesmerizing but... no way I'm doing another one, I must gone crazy if I do again!

11 comments:

  1. que belleza, me encanta felicitaciones, valio la pena el esfuerzo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still...stunning results and totally one of a kind stripes. Work I only do once in awhile as well but never has it turned out s well as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out beautiful! Love the coconut lime verbena one :)
    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun to do it once but that's it. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tremendous amount of work shows in these fantastic looking soaps! - ione eve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowee, that is 55 kinds of beautiful Emily! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. 55 times? That's absolutely incredible! Your soaps look gorgeous, you can definitely tell the amount of work and love that went into it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For someone who's just looking at the end result, the effort was well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some lovely tiger stripes, Emily!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis